- Focus on the latest HIV science and its applications for prevention, treatment and care worldwide;
- Provide new insights into HIV vulnerability and determinants of disease progression;
- Develop strategic discussions around the increasing challenges of TB, viral hepatitis and chronic co-morbidities;
- Continue to support research into treatment as prevention, the search for functional remission/cure and vaccine;
- Review implementation research that addresses barriers to scaling up and integrating research and prevention in resource limited and policy constrained settings;
- Highlight the situation of HIV in Canada and in the U.S.
The specificities of these general objectives will be defined by the various Programme Committees.